Hayawo Kiyama Shihan
Capital District Martial Arts Center, in conjunction with the Daito Ryu Kodokai East Coast Hombu Dojo, presents a intensive training session with Hayawo Kiyama Shihan in the beautiful art of Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu. Kiyama Shihan is director of Daito Ryu Kodokai in North America and the only Shihan outside of Japan representing this 1200 year old art. This is a unique opportunity to experience training with one of the world’s top exponents in this Ancient Martial Art. This seminar is for serious martial artists only and space is limited to 40 participants. Please join us for a day of training with one of the great martial artists of our time!
Date: June 6th and June 7th
Time: Saturday 12pm-5pm / Sunday 10am-3pm
Cost : Saturday only $100 (payment by check or money order)
Both Days $185.00 (KODOKAI MEMBERS ASK ABOUT DISCOUNT)
Make checks payable to: Daito Ryu Kodokai East Coast
Send payment to Daito Ryu Kodokai East Coast Region c/o David LoPriore 339 Flanders Rd Suite 107. East Lyme, CT. 06333
There will be an additional charge of $15.00 for members that register after May 22nd and $25 for non-members.
- Location: 3 Normanskill Blvd Delmar N.Y.12054
- Contact info:
- Tony DiSarro
- ph# (518) 330-3656
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel info: (Be sure to mention “kodokai” to receive the discounted room rate)
- Comfort Inn Glenmont NY (518)465-8811 has offered a rate of $99/night.
- Also the Hampton Inn Downtown Albany at a rate of 109.00/night (518)432-7000
- Please check our FB page for updates on additional hotel info!
Congratulations to everyone who promoted to the next rank at the ceremony on Saturday. Thanks to Ben Keezer for providing the pictures- if you have others you would like to share please send them to email@example.com. Osu!
Saturday’s kyu rank test was a terrific event with lots of spirit and energy! Congratulations to everyone who tested! We look forward to seeing you continue in your martial arts journey!
The Dan rank test will be held Sunday, April 26th at 8am. Anyone of Dan rank (black belt) is invited to the test to observe or participate in the testing. 3 students will be testing to advance so we will need lots of help with kumite! We are requesting that everyone be at the dojo by 7:45am.
The Kyu Rank Exam will be held next Saturday 4/25 at 8am in the morning. Regularly scheduled classes are cancelled because of the exam. Good luck to everyone who is testing! We look forward to seeing you in class this week as your polish the final details before the test! Osu!
Kyu Clinics are a great opportunity for you to get targeted help on the new material for your rank. Black belts will be there to work with you on polishing the new katas and self-defenses you have been learning while also brushing up on older material. These clinics are extremely important in helping you prepare for the upcoming Kyu rank exam and for developing the mind set of a black belt- that you can always learn something new and always learn to do things a little better.
Yellow Belts- Sunday 3/29 10am-12:30pm
Green Belts- Sunday 3/29 1pm-3:30pm
Brown Belts- Sunday 4/12 10am-12:30pm
Forms to sign up are available at the dojo.
Just because you’re on vacation doesn’t mean we are! The dojo is open tomorrow night and all week. Stay warm in this cold weather! Osu!
At the risk of sounding like a broken record:
Due to predicted unsafe road conditions from our local weather advisories the Dojo will be closed for all activities this evening. Stay safe and warm! Osu!
Take this opportunity to continue training on your own tonight. Some suggestions:
- Not a lot of space at home? try doing your katas without moving your feet. Don’t worry if your head explodes- frustration builds learning!
- Get in front of a mirror and practice your punches and blocks: start slowly and make sure you are targeting the right places. Remember- a good high punch should be right in front of your own nose! For higher ranks use the mirror to practice 4 block drill and shuto drill.
- Read a karate book or search for some interesting things to read about karate online (kids- make sure you have a parent’s permission and supervision).